- For use in oil environments such as cutting oil or lubricants (optimized for automotive and machine tool industries)
BJR (oil-proof type): special coating prevents oil (oil drop/powder) from penetrating into the product
BJR-F (oil-resistant type): operates normally even when oil (oil drop/powder) penetrates into the product
- Long sensing distance:
– Through-beam type: 15 m,
– Diffuse reflective type: 1 m
– Retroreflective type: 3 m (MS-2S)
- MSR (Mirror Surface Rejection) function (retroreflective type)
- Compact size: W 20 x H 32 x L 11 mm
- Light ON/Dark ON operation mode switch
- Sensitivity adjuster
- Built-in reverse polarity protection circuit and output overcurrent (short-circuit) protection circuit
- Mutual interference prevention function (except through-beam type)
- Excellent noise immunity and minimal influence from ambient light
- IP67 protection structure (IEC standard)
Oil-proof type (BJR): IP67G oil-proof protection structure (JEM standard)
Oil-resistant type (BJR-F): IP67F oil-resistant protection structure (JEM standard)
Optimized for Automotive and Machine Tool Industries
The BJR series oil-proof/oil-resistant photoelectric sensors are optimized for use in various environments with cutting oil and lubricants such as automotive and machine tool industries.
- Oil-proof type: special coating prevents oil (oil drop/powder) from penetrating into the product
- Oil-resistant type: operates normally even when oil (oil drop/powder) penetrates into the product
BJR Series Oil-Proof/Oil-Resistance Test Results
The product has passed oil resistance tests for IP67G and IP67F protection rating (JEM standard). Oil-resistance may be affected by certain types of oil. Refer to the following table when considering oil types.
|Oil Type||Product Name||Kinematic Viscosity
|Lubricant||Velocite Oil No.3||2||–|
|Tectyl Cut 527||27||–|
|Tectyl Cool 263C||–||9.5 (10% solution)|
The sensor was dipped in the above oils for 240 hours for testing.
– IP67G oil-proof protection structure (BJR): special coating prevents oil from penetrating into the product
– IP67F oil-resistant protection structure (BJR-F): operates normally even when oil (oil drop/powder) penetrates into the product
Various Connection Types Available
The BJR series is available in connector type, cable type, and cable connector types, allowing easy application in various user environments.
- Oil-proof type models are available in cable type and cable connector types only.
Long Sensing Distance Up to 15 m
Through-beam type models feature long sensing distances up to 15 m.
- Sensing distance: retroreflective type 3 m / diffuse reflective type: 1 m
M.S.R (Mirror Surface Rejection) Function (Retroreflective Type)
The retroreflective type models feature MSR (Mirror Surface Rejection) function which allow the units to only receive light from specific mirrors (MS-2S). This function allows stable detection of highly reflective targets including metals, mirrors, etc.
The Working Principle of Mirror Surface Rejection (MSR) Function
The light passed through the polarizing filter on the emitter will become horizontal. The light reflected on the retroreflective mirror will turn 90˚ and the vertical light will be received by receiver through vertical polarizing filter.
Mutual Interference Prevention Function (Except Through-Beam Types)
The emitter cycles can be configured so that the sensors will not be affected by other nearby sensors. This allows adjacent installation of multiple sensors.
Excellent Noise Immunity and Minimal Influence from Ambient Light
The sensors feature noise reduction algorithm and digital filters, offering excellent noise immunity and minimal influence from ambient light.